Stew with choriso 8 November 2011Posted by uggclogs in Cooking, Happiness.
I made a delicious stew the other day, thought I should share the recipe with you.
This turned out the be enough for 4.
1 onion, diced small
1 clove of garlic, crushed
2 cm of fresh ginger (large chunks, should be removed again before serving)
1 can of diced tomatoes
Lots of vegies, at least 7 different ones (I used broad beans pealed twice, cauliflower, carrot, potato, asparagus, pumpkin with skin, cherry tomatoes)
Handful of dried apricots, whole
2 chorizo saucages, sliced about 1/2 cm thick
- Add the olive oil to a large saucepan over high heat
- Fry the garlic and onion until fragrant
- Add the chunks of ginger, fry briefly while stirring
- Add the entire can of tomatoes
- Fill the can to the brim with clean water, add to the pan
- Recycle can
- Add all the vegies starting with the ones that need the longest to boil
- When the tomatoes start bubbling, turn heat right down
- When all the vegies are in, add the apricots and saucage, place lid on pan, and leave to simmer.
- Leave for ages if you can/ care to. The longer you leave it, the plumper the apricots.
- Make the couscous.
- Remove the ginger chunks before serving.
- Serve with roughly chopped fresh coriander.